Experiencing Technical Difficulties (resonant) wrote,
Experiencing Technical Difficulties

Long weekend

This was the Victoria Day long weekend, celebrating the birthday of Queen Victoria.

Saturday I did nothing much, aside from walking to the gym for 45 minutes of not-very-effective exercise. I did shave at the gym using their free shaving-lotion dispenser. There's a reason it is free - my face still hurts. The rest of the day I lounged outside on my doorstep and enjoyed the weather.

Sunday I got to the gym late, starting at 8:10 with Mike for a terrible monster workout. 10 deadlifts, 10 squats, 10 bench presses, then starting again for 9 reps of each, then 8, and so on. It took me 25 minutes to complete it, and I nearly vomited at the end. Not good for muscle growth, but it was good for cardio. I am now slightly less than my personal max at 99 kilos (218 lbs).

After the gym Sunday, I did four loads of laundry. This time I added a few hundred millilitres of vinegar to the rinse water of my white towels and my gym clothes. It doesn't leave a smell, and it is supposed to leave clothes cleaner and softer. I didn't notice a difference. My laundry did smell extra-fresh as it dried in the sunshine on my doorstep, so I sat out in the sun and did internet stuff until it was time to walk to the library to teach my student.

The weather was so nice that my student and I decided to have our session outside on the bench again. This was a good thing, as the library was closed. I wore my Tilley's hat, so my bald spot didn't get sunburnt again, but my arms did get toasted. My student wrote some good essays on the Ontario Employment Standards Act. However, she only writes well when she is passionate about something ... it's getting harder for me to find topics for her to practice on.

After teaching, I bought some fancy mushrooms at the expensive grocery store at the mall, and some bean sprouts, peas, and steak at the Metro. I then sat on my doorstep and gorged on a massive salad, and steak cooked on my electric grill. Soooo full! I then watched the Victoria Day fireworks from my doorstep, and went to sleep.

This morning at 8, I was woken by the sound of my landlord closing my door. He said that it had been left unlocked, so he was checking on me. I must have left it open after the fireworks. I thanked him, was grateful that I hadn't been sleeping naked, and went back to sleep. UNTIL 4:30 PM! I must have been really tired to have slept the day through. I am now outside on my doorstep, soaking up as much daylight as I can before spending another week indoors at work.

It has been a good weekend.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.